- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.5 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Frambozen Raspberry Ale – Steamworks Brewing Company, 7% ABV, 650 ml., (Vancouver, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer)
Ingredients: water, malt, raspberry concentrate, hops, yeast
- Style: (flavoured – Raspberry) Fruit Beer
- Taste: Fruity sweet tangy raspberry juice brown sugar malt
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor / Vancouver
- How much: $6 CAD (after 10% off) – 650ml., September 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: (Cellared for 4 years). Pours magenta brown without a head, small islands, slow singular micro CO2 streams.
Nose: luscious tangy-sweet raspberry juice. (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: micro fizzy-half crisp
Mid-palate: tangy-sweet raspberry juice, brown sugar barley malts, (lvl-7-sweetness)
Finish: bittersweet malty deep exhale, subtly tart
Summary: I particularly like the cleanliness of raspberry flavour as well as the balanced malty backbone. Not too aggressively sour, tart, or funky, just a tad sweet. Good drinkability for a 7%.