- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.0 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Citra Sunshine Slacker Session IPA – Evil Twin Brewing & 7venth Sun Brewery Collaboration, 4.5% ABV, 1 pint, (brewed by Evil Twin Brewing in Stratford, CT, USA)
printed on the side of the can:
“Despite his bitterness, lack of power and insuperable aversion to any kind of extravagant labor – he kind of has a charming charisma, and perhaps he is even loveable. Somehow we find him unbelievable irresistible and stimulating because he is one of the few that masters the ability to effortlessly impress with his sharp intelligence and make it look so damn easy.”
- Style: India Session Ale / Session IPA
- Taste: Bright grapefruit green grassy hop oil apricot cream-fizzy soft acidic-tangy
- Where I got it : High Point / Vancouver
- How much: $4.90 CAD – 1 pint, February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: Pours light pale straw yellow with a nice 1cm bubbly head, 1mm layer of retention, clusters of active streams.
Nose: fragrant apricot-peachy hops (lvl-4)-pungency
Mid-palate: grapefruit flesh, bright green hop oils, apricot-peach, (lvl-3-sweetness), crisp bite, lemon
Finish: sour-tangy acidity mixed with soft bitter green grassy hops, soft barley malt backend
Summary: Absolutely delicious showcase of the hop oils – very lively, refreshing and bright, all backed up with a nice micro bubbly-fizzy mouthfeel. Every sip is a delight. This blows the only other ISA I’ve had out of the water, Central City’s Red Racer ISA [C+].