- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (2.8 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
English Dry – Left Field Cider Co., 6.2% ABV, 500ml, (Logan Lake, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft cider*)
- Style: (English Dry) Apple Cider
- Taste: Tangy clean fruity apple acidic tart light woody roughish tart finish
- Where I got it : Liquor Barn / N. Burnaby
- How much: $11.40 CAD (after 10% off) – 500ml., December 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: nah
Visual: Pours clear light straw yellow, no head, very thin ringed retention, lots of steady small CO2 streams.
Nose: tangy pressed and filtered apple juice (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: crisp, fruity
Mid-palate: filtered apple juice, (lvl-2-sweetness), tangy, medium acidic tartness, apple cider vinegar
Finish: light woody, thickened saliva, sticky gums, somewhat rough tart finish.
Summary: Like their Big and Little Dry ciders, this one also has a very clean apple taste profile. Although I had the Big Dry last month, from what I can recall this English Dry mirrors the Big Dry almost exactly but with 1% lower ABV. In any case both are only slightly above average and not worth trying again.