- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (2.8 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Odyssey Nitro Porter – Phillips Brewing Company, 5.0% ABV, 500 ml., (Victoria, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer)
printed on the side of the can:
“Welcome aboard the Odyssey, our nitrogen powered porter transport vessel. Known for riding cascading clouds of tiny bubbles through turbulence into a creamy foam landing, it delivers the rich and full flavoured voyage you’ve been waiting for.”
- Style: (nitrogenated) Porter
- Taste: Creamy but immediately flat roasted barley coffee chocolate watery thin
- Where I got it : Bottle Jockey / N. Burnaby
- How much: $3 CAD (after 10% off) – 500ml., February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Visual: Pours dark brown with a lasting 5mm pillowy nitro foam head.
Nose: deep roasted coffee barley malt. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: (initial sips = creamy), afterward = flat-slick-watery
Mid-palate: sustained background acidity, deep roasted barley malt, (lvl-4-sweetness),
Finish: roasted coffee and sweet barley malt exhale, mild chocolate.
Summary: The initial few sips are good but the nitrogen quickly disappears and you’re left with a seemingly flat and watery drink. I enjoy the roasted malt profile but overall it’s just too watery too fully enjoy.