- My Rating: [C+]
Rekorderlig Spiced Apple Hard Cider (aka Rekorderlig Winter Cider) – brewed at Åbro Bryggeri, 4.5% ABV, 16.9 fl.oz., (Vimmerby, Sweden)
“Premium hard cider blended with cinnamon & vanilla. Made from pure Swedish spring water. Serve hot or cold.”
Ingredients: Hard Cider (Apple & Pear), Swedish Spring Water, Sugar, Aroma (Apple, Cinnamon, Vanilla), Citric Acid, Caramel Color, Acidity Regulator, Sulfites & Sorbate to protect flavor. Lightly carbonated.
- Style: (flavoured – cinnamon, vanilla) Apple & Pear Cider
- Taste: Heavy thick sweet sherry cherry chocolate alcoholic toffee molasses concentrated barley malt
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $5.75 CAD – 16.9 fl.oz., December 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: more for thirst quenching
Visual: Pours pale yellow with no head and lots of fast active streams.
Nose: artificial apple & pear candy, but still enticing. (lvl-5)-pungency
Mid-palate: fruity candyesque apple-pear, sticky (lvl–sweetness), light cinnamon, light vanilla extract
Finish: cloying sugars, candy fruity exhale.
Summary: The taste is very candy-esque but for me that’s not a problem since I love candy. Still very drinkable and thirst quenching despite all the additives and preservatives, although you do taste the artificiality.