- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.5 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Origin Pomegranate Ale – Shmaltz Brewing Company, 8% ABV, 12 fl.oz., (Clifton Park, NY, USA)
“Imperial amber ale brewed with luscious pomegranate juice”
- Style: (flavoured – pomegranate) Fruit Beer
- Taste: Balanced pomegranate tangy burnt brown sugar barley malt
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek / Vancouver
- How much: $39 CAD (after 10% off) – 8 x 12 fl.oz. + glassware, May 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: pretty decent
Visual: (cellared for 4 years). Pours translucent reddish brown with a very small dissipating head, ringed retention with thin island, fast steady big bubble streams.
Nose: acidic-tangy pomegranate mixed with sweet barley malt. (lvl-6)-pungency
Mid-palate: dissipiting soft sour-sustained tangy acidity, (lvl-6-sweetness), burnt brown sugar & pomegranate, toasted barley malt
Finish: pomegranate fruity, toasted malt exhale, subtle soft bitter hops.
Summary: I very much liked the wide range of taste sensations incorporating sweet-tangy-acidic-sour-toasted-bitter-alcohol; lots to experience with a very nice balance and mouthfeel.