- My Rating: [C+]
Messiah Bold (Retired) – Shmaltz Brewing Company, 5.6% ABV, 12 fl.oz., (Clifton Park, NY, USA)
- Style: Brown Ale
- Taste: Brown sugar roasted barley malty sweet light cola licorice
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek / Vancouver
- How much: $39 CAD (after 10% off) – 8 x 12 fl.oz. + glassware, May 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: not outstanding
Visual: (cellared for 4 years). Pours dark cola brown without much head, ringed micro retention, tight singular micro streams accompanied by fast sporadic ones.
Nose: brown sugar caramel malts, roasty toasty. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: crisp-slick, incoming malts
Mid-palate: mild coffee, roasted barley malt, brown sugar/caramel (lvl-5-sweetness), cola
Finish: mild licorice, residual malt sweetness
Summary: A solid drinkable brown ale with pleasant characteristics. Good balance but nothing remarkable.