- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (2.8 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Peaches & Cream Ale – Fearless Brewing Company, 4.6% ABV, 1 pint, (Estacada, Oregon, USA)
- Style: (flavoured – artificial peach) Fruit Beer
- Taste: Artificial peach perfume thin body grainy barley malt lasting soft hop bitter
- Where I got it : Bottle Jockey / Burnaby
- How much: $3.55 (after 7.5% off) – 1 pint, February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Visual: Pours translucent pale light orange with a small dissipating head, a very thin hazy layer of retention, several singular micro streams scattered about.
Nose: fruity fuzzy peach candy, somewhat perfume-like (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: crisp, subdued hops
Mid-palate: background artificial peach perfume, (lvl-4-sweetness), grainy barley malt, half-creamy/tingly mouthfeel,
Finish: lasting soft bitter hops, barley malt exhale, thin body finish.
Summary: Once I saw “ale with ARTIFICIAL flavor” on the side of the can, I immediately became skeptical. It is drinkable with a decent mouthfeel and hop profile, but is lacking in depth and genuine complexity – aka simple bodied. Average.