- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Seefbier – Antwerpse Brouw Compagnie – (brewed at Brouwerij Roman), 6.5% ABV, 330ml., (Antwerp, Belgium)
info from ratebeer.com:
“Revival of one of Antwerpens’ best-known historical styles, by Johan Van Dyck. Plans exist for an Antwerpen-based new brewery, for the moment brewed at Roman.
Contains barley, wheat, oats, buckwheat
-2014 World Beer Cup Gold
-2013 World Beer Awards Europe Gold”
- Style: Traditional Ale
- Taste: Tangy banana wheat malt cream-fizzy straightforward mildly rough finish
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor / Vancouver
- How much: $4.90 CAD (after 10% off) – 330ml, December 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: sure
Visual: Pours translucent yellow-orange with a decent sized dissipating head, a thin layer of retention, clusters of very active streams.
Nose: sweet floral barley malt, chamomile, a bit of pukiness (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: crisp, bubbly-fizzy, dull entry
Mid-palate: banana citrusy wheat malt, tangy (lvl-6-sweetess), background light sour pukey, oat malt cream-fizzy
Finish: banana wheat malt exhale, dryish wheat malt light palate rough finish
Summary: Predominantly a wheat malty flavour profile with barley-buckwheat sweetness and some oaty texture. Texturally it’s satisfying, tastewise and depth could use a bit more punch. Quite drinkable, but wouldn’t give it a gold.