- My Rating: [C-], I gave it a (2.3 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Somersby Cider with a taste of Citrus Fruit – brewed by Carlsberg brewery, 4.5% ABV, 500ml., (Copenhagen, Denmark)
on the back of the can:
“In the mood for some fruity refreshment with a piquant zest? You’ve made the right choice with this Citrus Fruit cider with a fresh bite and slightly less sweet taste experience.”
- Style: (flavoured – citrus fruit) Apple Cider
- Taste: Cloying candy orange/grapefruit light apple juice
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $3.45 CAD – 500ml, November 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: no
Visual: Pours clear pale yellow with no head, ringed retention, a few slow large CO2 streams.
Nose: liquid orange body soap (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: crisp-tart, incoming dense fruity sugars
Mid-palate: (lvl-6-sweetness), candy green/red apple, candy orange
Finish: mildly cloying, residual sugars
Summary: Soapy aroma, mostly candied flavour with hardly impressionable apple in there. Not particularly offensive, but just not authentic.