- My Rating: [D-], I gave it a (1.7 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Original Organic Lager – Mill St. Brewery, 4.2% ABV, 341ml., (Toronto, ON, Canada)
on the back of the bottle:
“Mill Street Original Organic Lager is a pure, refreshing European style beer. Batch-crafted from the finest organic ingredients, it takes 2 to 3 times longer to brew than ordinary beer. Light and crisp, it is cold-aged for 5 smooth weeks, creating a creamy, soft palate with a distinctively clean finish.”
- Style: Pale Lager
- Taste: Basic liquid barley malt background CO2 hints of grainy corn
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor / Vancouver
- How much: $15 CAD (after 10% off) – 6 x 355ml-ish, September 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: please father no
Visual: (seasonal sampler 6-pack). Pours orange-yellow with a quickly dissipating soda bubble head, several steady active streams, micro dark sediment remaining in the bottle.
Nose: very very faint barley, some plastic. (lvl-2)-pungency
Attack: crisp, watery body
Mid-palate: (lvl-4-sweetness), liquid barley malt, a touch of grainy corn, background CO2
Finish: subtle burpy,
Summary: Another ‘too basic’ lager from Mill St. Just chug it and forget it. FWIW organic or not it doesn’t make a difference in this case.