- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.3 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Christmas Slaapmutske, 7.4% ABV, 33cl., (Melle, Belgium)
- Style: Belgian Ale
- Taste: Brown sugar dark prune/date malty sweet cola thick body
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek / Vancouver
- How much: $4 (after 10% off) CAD – 33cl., December 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: 50/50, pretty standard
Visual: (Cellared for 3 years). Pours muddy brown-reddish with a very small dissipating head, ringed micro retention, lots of steady streams.
Nose: caramel brown sugar, prune/plum. (lvl-5)-pungency
Mid-palate: background light subtle sour, (lvl-6-sweetness), toasted malt, brown sugar, prune/date
Finish: cola malty soft sweet finish.
Summary: Pretty standard malty dark fruit Belgian ale, good body, good balance, good drinkability – All around good, nothing too spectacular.