- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (2.9 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Rosita (Original) – Cerveses La Gardènia, 5.5% ABV, 500ml., (Tarragona, Spain)
Ingredients: water, malt of barley, sugar, honey, hops and yeasts.
- Style: (honey, flavoured) Blond Ale
- Taste: Sharp crisp toasted honey sweet barley malt
- Where I got it : 16th St. Liquor / W. Vancouver
- How much: $5 (after 10% off) CAD – 500ml., December 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: nah
Visual: (Cellared for 3 years). Pours cloudy amber brown with a large bubbly dissipating head, 2mm layer of retention, light lacing, very fast singular streams.
Nose: canned mandarin oranges (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: sharp crisp bite, fizzy-lively mouthfeel
Mid-palate: toasted honey, (lvl-5-sweetness), sweet barley malt
Finish: lingering honey, subtle short bitter hops, liquid barley malt exhale.
Summary: Plain barley malt flavour with a touch of honey, not much character other than the very lively crisp fizzy mouthfeel. Just an average blond.