- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.1 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Big Dry – Left Field Cider Co., 7.2% ABV, 500ml, (Logan Lake, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft cider*)
-for comparison here is the review of their Little Dry Cider [C+].
- Style: (dry) Apple Cider
- Taste: Crystal clean red/green apple fruity tangy white wine
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor / Vancouver
- How much: $8 CAD (after 10% off) – 500ml., June 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: 50/50
Visual: Pours clear light golden yellow, ringed retention, steady singular streams.
Nose: apple juice from concentrate (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: bright fruity, fizzy
Mid-palate: light-med sour tangy acidity, green apple, (lvl-2-sweetness), red apple juice, white wine
Finish: hints of woodiness, thickened saliva, lingering fruity apple exhale.
Summary: Crystal clean flavour, very easy drinkability, but not much complexity. Slightly better than the Little Dry.