- My Rating: [B]
Hollows & Fentimans Alcoholic Ginger Brew – Thomas Hardy Brewing, 4% ABV, 500ml, (UK)
-Is it categorically a beer? Let’s call it that since historically it was named so since the 20th century.
Ingredients: fermented ginger root extract, carbonated water, sugar, pear juice, sweet orange extract, citric acid, yeast.
- Style: (ginger, pear juice, orange extract) Ginger Beer
- Taste: Sweet cane sugar pear juice pressed ginger mild burn
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $6.35 CAD – 500ml., sometime in 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: yes
- Would I recommend this to at parties: for ginger ale/beer/soda lovers
Visual: Pours cloudy pale yellow-orange with a decent-sized dissipating foamy head, thin ringed retention, lots of steady small streams.
Nose: pungent pressed ginger. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: sharp crisp-fizzy
Mid-palate: pear juice, cane sugar, (lvl-7)-sweetness, medium ginger bite
Finish: a tad cloying, mild ginger throat burn, ginger rootiness, residual sweet finish.
Summary: Very crisp and refreshing with authentic ginger taste and burn. Decent body and depth. I didn’t know ginger and pear went so well together, I’ll have to try it a homemade ginger ale sometime (non-fermented).