- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.2 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Chili Porter – Okanagan Spring Brewing (Sapporo), 6.5% ABV, 341ml., (Vernon, BC, Canada)
printed on the 6-pack box:
“Our new seasonal brew combines the rich, flavourful characteristics of a classic porter with the unique addition of chili and chipotle notes. Caramel spice aromas give way to a balanced sweetness and creamy mouthfeel, while the finish delivers a subtle chili bite.”
- Style: (chili, chipotle, flavoured) Porter
- Taste: Toasted barley malt smooth subtle chili mild heat
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $13.80 CAD – 6x341ml., November 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: not worth having to drink 6 of them
Visual: Pours dark cola brown with minimal head, a thin hazy layer of micro retention, fast singular streams.
Nose: roasted barley malt with hints of chipotle chili. (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: crisp-thicker, incoming malts
Mid-palate: half-creamy mouthfeel, chipotle chili, (lvl-5)-sweetness, background light subtle sour, roasted barley malt, caramel malt
Finish: thin body, subtle mild chili throat spicy, malty finish.
Summary: Overall quite drinkable with pleasant toasty malty sweetness and well-integrated chili spiciness.