- My Rating: [A+], I gave it a (4.2 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
90 Minute Imperial IPA – Dogfish Head, 9% ABV, 12 fl.oz., (Milton, Delaware, USA)
on the front label:
“What you have here is an Imperial India Pale Ale featuring a single, constant 90-minute hop addition. It’s balanced by a ridiculous amount of English Two-row Barley. Then we dry-hop it in every tank.”
- Style: Imperial IPA
- Taste: Nano creamy orange citrus toffee barley malt subtle hop zen balance
- Where I got it : Uwajimaya / Seattle
- How much: $13.14 USD / $17 CAD – 4×12 fl.oz., October 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: yes
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes, taste the zen
Visual: Pours clear deep orange without much head, very thin hazy layer of retention, scattered singular steady streams.
Nose: clean biscuity toffee malts. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: crisp-slick-thick, nano creamy mouthfeel
Mid-palate: (lvl-5)-sweetness, tangy-light sour backbone, (MAIN) orange citrus , toffee barley malt
Finish: residual sweet barley malt, super subtle dry grassy citrus bitter hops, zen-like clean finish
Summary: Incredibly smooth transitions and outright ridiculously well hidden 9% ABV. After 800+ beer tastings I’ve never come across such a fluffy creamy mouthfeel! A must try for any beer connoisseur.