- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.6 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Raspberry Lemon Zest Hefe – Postmark Brewing, 4.8% ABV, 14 IBUs, 650ml, (Vancouver, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer*)
-inaugural Postmark Brewing review! I look forward to enjoying more local brews, and why not, I love this city.
on the front-left label:
“A Bavarian style Weiss beer with notes of raspberry and hints of lemon zest that makes an appearance in the aroma and flavour.”
- Style: (raspberry, lemon zest, wheat) Fruit Ale
- Taste: Full-0n cream/fizzy pink lemonade sour wheat malt tangy light funk rough
- Where I got it : Liquor Barn / N.Burnaby
- How much: $6.30 CAD (after 10% off) – 650ml., October 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: unique flavour, might be worthwhile
Visual: Pours cloudy luminescent orange with a huge ultra-long lasting pillowy creamy head, super clusters of fast activity, beware of the GUSHER from the bottle, kept on foaming out after a glass pour for over 5 minutes. Ridiculous.
Nose: raspberry cotton candy (pink lemonade) mixed with light funky wheat malt. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: crisp-full cream-foamy
Mid-palate: immediate raspberry juice & cotton candy (pink lemonade) fruitiness, , fizzy-tingly, (lvl-3)-sweetness, dissipating light-med sour funk, tangy dry wheat malt
Finish: a bit salty, residual wheat malty roughness in the finish.
Summary: Wow, never though I’d taste pink lemonade in a beer, very delightfully delicious. A bit of roughness in the finish but a good variety of textures and good flavour make this a winner. Quite an interesting one.