- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Bliss – Cherry Honey Wine, 12.2% ABV, 500ml, (Kelowna, BC, Canada) (*local BC mead*)
printed on the back of the bottle:
“Like you, we love the outdoors, good food and awesome wine. That’s why only 100% pure honey and real fruit go into making our cherry sparkler, Bliss. And now it’s easy to take on your next picnic, back country trip or join us for extreme bocci at the Farm this summer!”
- Style: (sparkling, cherry flavoured) Mead
- Taste: Dense fruity bubbly cherry plum alcoholic honey wine med sour-acidic-tang
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $15 CAD – 500ml., June 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to mead aficionados: yes, and to wine drinkers
Visual: Bailer top. Pours coral pink with clusters of fast activity.
Nose: strawberry-cherry candy, background mead (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: crisp-fine bubbly fizzy
Mid-palate: dense sugars, (lvl-7)-sweetness, CHERRY, PLUM, light tart, medium acidic-sour tang
Finish: light alcoholic honey wine heat, alcohol zingy bitter, fruity exhale.
Summary: Drinks like a hybrid fruit-honey wine, nice touch with bubbly mouthfeel, good structured body and delicious flavours. Solid.