- My Rating: [B+], I gave it a (3.8 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Gulden Draak Vintage Ale 2011 – Brouwerij Van Steenberge, 7.5% ABV, 33cl, (Belgium)
-cellared for 5 years!
- Style: Belgian Strong Ale
- Taste: Toasted dark fruity molasses barley malt smooooooth
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor / Vancouver
- How much: $4 (after 10% off) – 33cl., December 2011
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: 60/40, a pretty standard quality BSA from Belgium
Visual: Pours dark mahogany brown, minimal head, a thin layer of micro retention, scattered slow micro streams.
Nose: dark fruit cake, molasses, sweet caramel malts. (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: crisp, fizzy-tingly
Mid-palate: (lvl-6)-sweetness, integrated background sourness, (MAIN) cola, bright fruity berry-molasses mixture, nutmeg, thick sweet toasted barley malt
Finish: a bit of alcoholic heat, sweet barley grainy malt finish.
Summary: Another winner like their original Gulden Draak (B+). Great balance and superbly sippable.