- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (2.9 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Kickstand Honey Kolsch – Fernie Brewing Co., 4.8% ABV, 650ml, (Fernie, BC, Canada)
- Style: (honey) Kölsch
- Taste: Berry thin sweet honey malt astringent acidity soft bitter hopped
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $5 – 650ml., July 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Visual: Pours pale orange with a very small head, a super thin hazy layer of retention, steady streams.
Nose: honey barley malts, hints of berries. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: crisp-micro fizzy, incoming berry maltiness
Mid-palate: (lvl-6)-rounded sweetness, (MAIN) strawberry/raspberry, honey, sweet malt -> astringent tangy acidity
Finish: lingering sour-tangy, soft bitter hops, berry malt off-dry finish.
Summary: Drinks decently with an unexpected berry note to it. Not a whole lot of depth to it though and a bit thin in the mids and finish.