- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Monts Grande Réserve – Brasserie de St. Sylvestre, 10% ABV, 750ml, (St. Sylvestre-Cappel, France )
- Style: (strong) Amber Ale
- Taste: Alcoholic brown sugar cinnamon toffee sweet barley malt
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek (Main St.)
- How much: $11 (after 10% off) – 750ml., January 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: Hefty bottle, corked and plastic sealed. Pours dull copper brown with a small dissipating creamy head, half sticky lacing, a few clusters of steady micro streams.
Nose: light alcoholic, liquid toffee sweet barley malts. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: crisp, incoming alcoholic malts
Mid-palate: background alcohol, sustained micro-fizzy & creamy CO2, (lvl-7)-sweetness, (MAIN) brown sugar, cinnamon, toffee barley malt, zingy alcohol
Finish: woody barley, alcohol numbness, residual malty finish.
Summary: Good rounded bubbly CO2 texture to help carry the sweet and alcoholic body to the finish. It could use a bit more complexity.