- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.1 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Lost Souls Chocolate Pumpkin Porter – Parallel 49 Brewing, 6.5% ABV, 650ml, (Vancouver, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer*)
-Another cellar dweller, this one has also been stashed away for a little over 3 years, although it is still in production.
on the front-left label:
“All treat, no trick: this rich, robust Chocolate Pumpkin Porter is so good, even the living dead will indulge.”
- Style: (pumpkin, spices) Flavoured Porter
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor
- How much: $6 (after 10% off) – 650ml., September 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: 50/50, not particularly memorable
Visual: Pours jet back without almost no head, very thin ringed retention, clusters of steady micro streams along the perimeter.
Nose: soy sauce, roasted caramel malts. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: crisp-half slick-tingly
Mid-palate: (lvl-6)-sweetness, (MAIN) chocolate, cola, caramel barley malt, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon.
Finish: background light sour-tangy, light burpy, residual malty, light roasty exhale finish.
Summary: Mainly tastes of chocolate and caramel malty with some pumpkin and very subtle spiced flavourings. Pretty clean overall but somewhat lacking in creamy mouthfeel and the mid-palate lacks length, good finish however.