- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.8 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Delirium Nocturnum – Brouwerij Huyghe, 8.5% ABV, 330ml., (Melle, Belgium)
- Style: Belgian Strong Ale
- Taste: Cream-fizzy sweet red apple roast barley malt dark fruity
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $20 – 4x330ml. + 1 glassware, November 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes, more than the Tremens
Visual: Pours dirty mocha brown with a very large lasting ultra foamy head, 3mm layer of retention, half sticky lacing, lots of active streams.
Nose: unfiltered red apple juice, thick sweet barley malt. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: incoming tangy-sour, fizzy-bubbly
Mid-palate: more fizzy-tingly, (lvl-7)-sweetness, (MAIN) woody red apple juice, soft tangy-barnyard sour, light cola/brown sugar roasted barley malt
Finish: burpy, stealth hops, dark fruit/plum tangy with alcohol zing.
Summary: Same fizzy-bubbly texture as the Noel and Tremens with the flavour being somewhere in between.