- My Rating: [B, downgraded from A], I gave it a (3.7 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Delirium Christmas / Delirium Noël – Brouwerij Huyghe, 10% ABV, 330ml., (Melle, Belgium)
- Style: Belgian Strong Ale
- Taste: Start-to-finish clean toffee barley malt grape/berry subtle hops
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $20 – 4x330ml. + 1 glassware, November 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: yes
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: Pours opaque brownish red with a massive lasting ultra creamy head, 2mm retention, a bit of lacing, fast singular streams.
Nose: yeasty honey, apple, banana wheaty candi barley malt (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: crisp, micro tingly-creamy
Mid-palate: (lvl-7)-sweetness, micro-fizzy, (MAIN) toffee barley malt, caramel, grape/berry
Finish: alcohol zingy, soft bitter hops, alcohol detection, malty residual bubbly clean finish.
Summary: Supremely drinkable with expertly hidden 10% ABV; it’s incredible how smooth they made it. Great beer from start to finish.
(12/26/2016 re-tasting): Not as smooth as I remember; Quite alcohol forward and slightly too sour aggressive. Smoothness is noteworthy but the flavour isn’t particularly memorable. Score downgraded from [A to B]