The Craft BeerAdvent Calendar 2014 Day #23
- My Rating: [B+], I gave it a (3.7 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
God Advent – Nøgne Ø, 10% ABV – 250ml., (Netherlands)
on the front label:
“Advent is a season with mixed feelings for Norwegians. For starters is is all about getting prepared for Christmas. Gorgeous! But it is also a season where it gets darker day by day. Which indeed is a challenge for every individual. This beer is supposed to balance both these emotions. Let’s call it bitter sweet.”
- Style: American Strong Ale
- Taste: Big brown sugar barley malt bomb
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: Pours murky root beer brown with minimal dissipating head, thin ringed retention, steady scattered streams.
Nose: wet/dank barley malt. (lvl-3)-pungency
Attack: crisp, slick-thick, incoming malts
Mid-palate: (lvl-8)-sweetness, (MAIN) caramel, thick barley malt, tangy-soft sour, brown sugar, fig
Finish: residual malty sweet, alcohol heaviness.
Summary: Big brown sugar barley malt bomb – heavy flavour yet still very drinkable.