- My Rating: [C-], I gave it a (2.1 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Dukes Cider – Tree Brewing, 5.0% ABV, 355ml, (Kelowna, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft cider*)
printed on the can :
“Live among the old growth orchards of Kelowna, BC. Pick a blend of Okanagan apples begging to be made into DUKES CIDER. Finally make it crisp and clean with a dry finish. Keep it real!”
- Style: (dry) Apple Cider
- Taste: Off-dry tart tangy acidic red apple juice palate rough
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $10.80 CAD – 6x355ml., May 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: no
Visual: Pours light straw yellow without a head, big bubbles clinging to the side of the glass, steady average speed streams.
Nose: yeasty acidic pukey, mild fart. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: crisp, fruity
Mid-palate: (lvl-2)-off-dry/sweetness, fizzy, medium acidic-tangy (MAIN) filtered red apple juice
Finish: burpy, residual tangy tartness, apple exhale, palate rough finish.
Summary: Basic apple juice flavour without any real depth or length. Lots of acidic-tangy-tartness but leaves the palate rough halfway through the can. Barely acceptable