Phillips Snowcase 2014 Calendar Day #18
- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.2 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Krypton Rye PA – Phillips Brewing, 6.5% ABV – 341ml., (Victoria, BC, Canada)
on the front-right label:
“Better tasting than a speeding bullet. krypton will be hard not to drink in a single gulp. Spicy rye malt and big citrus hop flavours make krypton the perfect refreshment in your fortress of solitude. Hop, hop and away!”
- Style: (Rye, IPA) Specialty Grain
- Taste: Orange citrusy sweet barley malt mild white pepper bitter melon hops
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: not bad, but forgettable
Visual: Pours translucent golden orange without much head, a thin spotty layer of retention, only a few singular very slow steady streams.
Nose: honey-toffee malt, orange citrus undertones. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: crisp-thicker mouthfeel, incoming malty
Mid-palate: half-creamy, (MAIN) orange-citrusy hops, sweet barley malt-> (lvl-5)-sweetness
Finish: white peppery rye with bitter melon hopped bitterness dry finish.
Summary: Good interesting incorporation of rye into the IPA. An enjoyable brew of citrus, malt and bitter hops.