Central City/Parallel 49 2015 Craft Crossing Calendar Day #24
- My Rating: [A-], I gave it a (3.8 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Jitter Buzz Imperial Coffee Stout – Central City Brewing, 9.0% ABV – 330ml., (Surrey, BC, Canada)
-…and that’s all folks! I’ll wrap up with an overview of the 2015 calendar shortly.
on the front-left label:
“A full bodied, rich, and complex imperial stout with pronounced coffee notes and hints of molasses, cold-pressed organic espresso, supplied by Vancouver’s very own Bean Around the World, add to this beer’s complexity and makes for a luscious drink anytime this winter.”
- Style: (flavoured; coffee) Imperial Stout
- Taste: Big roast coffee throughout molasses brown sugar malt chocolate mocha
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: yes, for future coffee stout reference
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: magnificent-o
Visual: Pours jet black with minimal head, very thin layer of retention, some tiny bubbles here and there.
Nose: deep roast coffee. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: crisp/half-slick/micro-fizzy, immediate deep roast
Mid-palate: continual deep roast, (lvl-5)-sweetness, (MAIN) molasses, brown sugar malt, bittersweet roast coffee, chocolate/dark chocolate, milky mocha
Finish: malty bittersweet chocolate roast coffee exhale, mildly cloying.
Summary: Did I say deep roast? Huge coffee roastiness with the cold-press technique shining through beautifully, exhibiting clean coffee flavour minus the acidity. Expertly balanced with very nice drinkability.