Phillips Snowcase 2015 Calendar Day #22
- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.1 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Siddhartha – Phillips Brewing, 7.8% ABV – 341ml., (Victoria, BC, Canada)
on the front-right label:
“Siddhartha is a harmoniously balanced ale unified in flavour and body. This legendary beer was originally brewed for Temple Restaurant, one of our earliest supporters, and has not been conjured from the subconscious for 11 years. Experience until complete.”
- Style: (lemongrass, juniper, coriander) Spiced Ale
- Taste: Crisp subtly spiced sweet barley malt honey
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: not too spectacular
Visual: Pours clear light golden orange without much head, thin ringed retention, slow and steady singular streams.
Nose: sour liquid barley malt, light funk. (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: crisp, incoming sweetness
Mid-palate: (lvl-6)-sweetness, fizzy-tingly, (MAIN) honey, barley malt, juniper, mild lemongrass
Finish: coriander, malty sweet finish.
Summary: Nicely balanced where you have to search for the flavours to find them. Moderately interesting with good drinkability.