Central City/Parallel 49 2015 Craft Crossing Calendar Day #13
- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.5 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Mr. Needles Fir Pale Ale – Parallel 49 Brewing Co., 5.0% ABV – 341ml., (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
on the front-left label:
“One of the best parts of the holidays is heading out to pick the Christmas tree. We’ve saved you the trip and brought you this balanced pale ale brewed with real fir trees and lit up with resinous hop character. All of the enjoyment without getting sap on your hands.”
- Style: (Fir) Flavoured Pale Ale
- Taste: Sweet orange citrus malt BIG FIR lingering soft grapefruit bitter hops
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: interesting to try fir in beer
Visual: Pours clear reddish-brown with a small dissipating head, thin layer of retention, lots of mixed fast and slow steady streams.
Nose: sweet toffee malts, douglas fir, (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: crisp-creamy, micro tingly
Mid-palate: (lvl-4)-sweetness, (MAIN) bright orange citrus malt-light tang, toffee malt, douglas fir
Finish: more douglas fir oils, lingering grapefruit peel hops.
Summary: Big fir flavour as advertised. A very nice balance of malt, hops, and fir oils considering how strong fir flavour is.