Central City/Parallel 49 2015 Craft Crossing Calendar Day #12
- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.0 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Getoff Maibock – Central City Brewing, 5% ABV – 330ml., (Surrey, BC, Canada)
on the front-left label:
“When you’ve had enough, you’ve had enough. But it may take more than one of these maibocks to feel that way. Traditional German ingredients, and made in the traditional way, with long maturation, this beer is sure to bring you back for more.”
- Style: Maibock / Helles Bock
- Taste: Toasty malty sweet crisp slick smooth mild nutty
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados:
Visual: Pours bright orange amber without much head, thin ringed retention, very slow micro bubble streams.
Nose: medium-thick malted barley. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: half-slick/bright crisp, micro fizzy
Mid-palate: (lvl-6)-sweetness, (MAIN) liquid sweet toasted barley malt, caramel, alcohol tangy-bitterness
Finish: grassy bitter hops, mild nuttiness, malty sweet finish.
Summary: Mostly malty, quite sweet with some nuttiness. Mouthfeel is decent, too much alcohol detection for just a 5%er, forgettable.