Central City/Parallel 49 2015 Craft Crossing Calendar Day #8
- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.3 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
The Fabulator Rauch Bock – Central City Brewing, 6.5% ABV – 330ml., (Surrey, BC, Canada)
on the back label…what no label??? That packaging robot at the beer factory must’ve been sleeping on the job. Ah well, labels are overrated anyways; What actually matters is what’s inside.
(what it’s supposed to look like, borrowed from the internet)
- Style: (Rauchbier) Smoked Ale
- Taste: Campfire smoky bitter peat toffee malt sweet mildly astringent
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados:
Visual: Pours copper red with a smallish dissipating head, a thin layer of retention, lots of slow and steady streams.
Nose: smoked oak, toffee malts. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: slick, half-oily/creamy
Mid-palate: (lvl-6)-sweetness, (MAIN) campfire smoky bitterness, peat, toffee malt, soft tangy-sour
Finish: smoked wood exhale with lingering malty sweet finish.
Summary: Goes down pretty well, nice texture and a decent body. The smokiness is a mildly astringent by the last sip however.