Central City/Parallel 49 2015 Craft Crossing Calendar Day #5
- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.2 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Salty Scot Sea Salted Caramel Scotch Ale – Parallel 49 Brewing Co., 7.5% ABV – 341ml., (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
on the front-left label:
“’Tis the season to be jolly. And nothing is going to bring a smile to your face faster than this caramel scotch ale made with real sea salt. It’ll finish off that special holiday meal better than all the fruitcake in the world combined.”
- Style: (sea salt) Flavoured Scotch Ale
- Taste: Sweet caramel brown sugar malt light boozy toasted barley
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: not zupah
Visual: Pours cinnamon brown with a very small head, almost non-existant layer of ringed retention, a few small bubbles here and there.
Nose: light booze, brown sugar caramel malts. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: immediate (lvl-9)-sweetness up front, crisp, thicker viscosity
Mid-palate: continual sugars, tangy bite, (MAIN) caramel malts, toasted barley, alcohol bitterness
Finish: malty sweet finish, subtle bitterness.
Summary: Surprisingly sweet, a decent attempt at something unique but not getting much of the salt for the ‘salted caramel’. A bit above average.