Central City/Parallel 49 2015 Craft Crossing Calendar Day #3
- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (3.1 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Jerkface 9000 North West Wheat – Parallel 49 Brewing Co., 5.0% ABV – 341ml., (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
on the front-left label:
“It’s beginning to look a lot like screw this. All I want for Christmas is a bottle of this hopped American wheat goin’ down your fruitcake-hole. That way I don’t have to hear you sing any more of those awful carols.”
- Style: (American Wheat) Wheat Ale
- Taste: Citrus dry wheat malt early long bitter peel hops
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: pass
Visual: Pours clear golden yellow/light orange with minimal head, a thin layer of micro retention, steady avg speed streams.
Nose: faint apricot wheaty malt. (lvl-2)-pungency
Attack: crisp, incoming sweet grains
Mid-palate: fizzy-tingly, (lvl-3)-sweetness, (MAIN) arpicot, dry wheat malt, bitter grapefruit peel hops, sour tangy mild acidity
Finish: lingering bitter hopped finish
Summary: I didn’t expect the hops to jump out so early in the mids. Overall went down smooth and swiftly. I enjoyed the complexity of taste and texture.