Phillips Snowcase 2015 Calendar Day #2
- My Rating: [C, downgraded from C+], I gave it a (2.7 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Analogue 78 B Side Kolsch – Phillips Brewing, 5% ABV – 341ml., (Victoria, BC, Canada)
-This was featured in their 2014 Snowcase on Day #11, which I previously reviewed in April.
- Style: (lager) Kölsch
- Taste: Basic semi-sweet crisp lager barley malt
- How much I got it for: $80.50 CAD, November 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: don’t buy Snowcase just for this
(April 2015 Tasting):
Visual: Pours light straw yellow with a large lasting cream-foamy head, sticky lacing, lots of fast steady streams. Nose: red apple, sweet malts, very clean. (lvl-6)-pungency. Attack: crisp, half-creamy light fizzy mouthfeel, Mid-palate: (lvl-4)-sweetness, (MAIN) barley, light malt, red apple Finish: super soft hopped bite, clean smooth off-dry malt finish. Summary: Initial sips were very crisp and smooth, the latter last ones were pretty average. In other words, nothing to write home about.
[December 3, 2015 Re-tasting]
Nose: faint sweet lager malt. (lvl-2)-pungency
Attack: crisp bite, micro fizzy
Mid-palate: thin flavour, (lvl-4)-sweetness, (MAIN) grainy lager barley malt, bready
Finish: almost citrusy/soapy, off-dry malt, palate roughness.
Summary: Less pungency than this time around and no apple. Flavour is pretty basic and dull. Still can’t write home about this one.