Phillips Snowcase 2014 Calendar Day #13
- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.5 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Black Jackal Imperial Coffee Stout – Phillips Brewing, 8% ABV – 341ml., (Victoria, BC, Canada)
–I had to replace the 341ml with a 650ml-bomber; it got drank sometime.
on the front-right label:
“Anubis is your guide through the dark depths of this Java laden journey, featuring a deep black coffee crema and an intensely rich & roasted character. Methodically crafted with only the best espresso, this one-eyed jackal is no wild card.”
- Style: (coffee) Flavoured Imperial Stout
- Taste: Slick sweet thick roasted coffee malt
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: worth one go, though not the bestest
Visual: Pours jet black with a very small disappearing head, thin hazy micro retention.
Nose: sweet malty burnt roasted coffee. (lvl-10)-pungency
Mid-palate: more bubbly mouthfeel, (MAIN) roasted coffee, caramel malts, cola, hints of vanilla -> (lvl-6)-sweetness
Finish: subdued sour, light roast, chocolate malt burnt bittersweet.
Summary: Decent flavours, enjoyable. It feels a bit lacking in boldness; the mids end too quickly.