- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Sun Kissed Tea Saison – Deep Cove Brewers and Distillers, 5% ABV – 650ml., (North Vancouver, BC, Canada)
on the front-right side label:
“Think fruit orchards and sunlit patios. This playful beer will surprise you with a combination of fruity tones, peppery spice and a refreshingly dry tartness. Made with apple, mango and papaya Rooibos tea, Sun Kissed Tea Saison is the perfect summer sipper. – Sante.”
- Style: (apple-mango-papaya rooibos tea) Flavoured Saison
- Taste: Fruity sour pukey apple banana wheat malt rooibos dry
- Where I got it : Bottle Jockey, N. Bby.
How much: $6.30 (after 7.5% off) – 650ml., September 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: definitely drinkable
Visual: Pours clear orange copper with a smallish dissipating head, half lacing, several slow steady spread out streams.
Nose: super fruity mango-papaya-apple juiciness. (lvl-9)-pungency
Attack: crisp-fizzy, incoming sour acidity
Mid-palate: , medium sour-tangy, (MAIN) apple, light-med pukey-sour, banana wheat ->
Finish: barley malt, rooibos tea palate roughness, touch of peppery spicy with subtle bitterness, dry malt finish.
Summary: Pretty good combo: rooibos and wheat malt; lots of fruitiness, good complexity and nicely drinkable. Slightly rough around the edges but still very enjoyable.