- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Hop Attack! Fresh Hop IPA – Steamworks Brewing Co. & Sartori Hop Farm Collaboration, 6% ABV, 650ml., (Vancouver, BC, Canada) (*local beer*)
Ingredients: water, Gambrinus Pale Malt & Honey Malt, Sartori Nugget & Centennial Hops, yeast.
- Style: Wet Hop IPA
- Taste: Cream fizzy barley malt mild orange/grapefruit
- Where I got it : Bottle Jockey, N. Bby
- How much: $7 (after 7.5% off) – 650ml., November 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: drinkable and forgettable
Visual: Generic collab bottle wrapped in paper label. Pours pale marmalade orange without much head, barely any retention, sporadic fast bubbles.
Nose: orange citrus, barley malt, trace funk (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: slick oily-light tingly CO2
Mid-palate: half-cream-fizzy, (lvl-5)-sweetness, (MAIN) soft orange-grapefruit citrus, liquid barley malt
Finish: gentle bitter hops, bittersweet malt, short finish.
Summary: Pretty smooth, all around decent flavour, albeit somewhat basic. Wished for a bit more in the backend.