- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.6 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Imperial India Pale Ale Mosaic – Mikkeller, (brewed at De Proef Browerij, Belgium), 8.9% ABV, 330ml., (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Style: (IIPA) Imperial India Pale Ale
- Taste: Dense sweet honey barley malt light tangy, quality
- Where I got it : Bottle Jockey, N. Bby
- How much: $6 (after 5% off) – 330ml., July 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: Pours pale amber with a decent creamy head, thick ringed retention, half sticky fine lacing, micro bubbles scattered around.
Nose: Belgian candied malts, honey (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: thick-slick, silky smooth entry
Mid-palate: (lvl-7)-heavy sweetness, rich body, light tangy, (MAIN) date/fig, thick liquid barley malt, honey
Finish: almost salty, alcohol bitter, bitter peel hops, barley malt exhale.
Summary: Wow, solid. Great mouthfeel, intense complexity, big body and hard hitting. A very good sipping and contemplating beer. Mostly dense malty flavours here if that’s your thing, whereas I’m more of a spice-floral-fruity-bright kind of beer drinker.