- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.1 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Wet Hop IPA (Cascade hops) *seasonal brew* – Big Rock Urban Brewery , 5% ABV, 650ml., (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) (*local craft beer*)
- Style: (Wet hopped) India Pale Ale
- Taste: Dry butterscotch malt
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $6 – 650ml., November 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: not too special
Visual: Pours tawny brown with a small creamy dissipating head, large sediment, sticky lacing with a layer of retention, a few singular slow streams.
Nose: lightly burnt butterscotch caramel, interesting. (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: underwhelming flat CO2
Mid-palate: creamy, (lvl-1)-dry/sweetness, (MAIN) butterscotch, barley malt
Finish: bready, subtle bitter hopped, dry malty finish.
Summary: Doesn’t drink like an IPA at all and I’m not getting a whole lot of “green” hoppy freshness.