- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (2.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Moon Dance Mango Wheat – Old Yale Brewing, 5.0% ABV, 650ml., (Chilliwack, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft brew*)
-Is this brew any different from their mango wheat Outta Wack that I reviewed back in 2014? Let’s see…
printed on the front-right label:
“Each batch of Moon Dance Mango Wheat is made with 900 fresh, ripe mangoes. And, the very smooth texture lets the mango flavour shine through. Try a Moon Dance with your favourite seafood dish.”
- Style: (mango) Flavoured Wheat Ale
- Taste: Crisp sour rough wheat malt mild mango
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $6.40 – 650ml., October 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Visual: Pours bright luminescent cloudy yellow with a very small dissipating head, ringed retention, clusters of slow streams.
Nose: sour funk, light fart, mango juice (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: tingly-crisp-biting, incoming fruity
Mid-palate: medium sour-tangy, (lvl-4)-sweetness, (MAIN) wheat malt, light funk,
Finish: lingering mild sour roughness, dry wheat malt, mild mango exhale, bready finish.
Summary: Mostly sour wheat malt from with just a flash of basic mango favour and it’s overtaken by more wheat malt. From what I remember their other mango wheat ale (likely discontinued) Outta Whack, made with mango puree, tasted better. Skip this.