- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.3 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Accelerated Transmission Wet Hop Pale Ale – Red Truck Beer / Category 12 Brewing Collaboration, 5% ABV, 650ml., (Vancouver & Victoria, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft brew*, seasonal)
-I love collabs! You get the double the expertise and potentially double the flavour, hopefully.
printed on the front-left label:
“…A collaborative brew of Wet Hopped Pale Ale is all about quick execution. Freshly picked hops from the BC Hop Company are delivered from farm to brew in the same day, preserving the delicate citrus and floral characteristics of Humulus lupulus. Our ale showcases this with a freshly vibrant flavour that’s only available once a year….”
- Style: (Wet hop) Pale Ale
- Taste: Orange citrusy malty creamy soft bitter
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $5.60 – 650ml., October 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: 50/50, you’ll likely forget about it
Visual: Pours clear bright copper, dissipating head, murky lacing, several singular fast streams.
Nose: fruity orange-passionfruit malt. (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: biting crispness-malty
Mid-palate: creamy CO2, (lvl-5)-sweetness, (MAIN) orange, sweet barley malt
Finish: gentle mid-level bitter grassy hops, tangy barley malt borderline thin finish.
Summary: Very drinkable and decently balanced citrusy sweet malty brew. Notable characteristics in this one are its citrus and creamy mids.