- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (3.0 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Happy Jack Pumpkin Ale – Russell Brewing Company, 5.5% ABV – 25 IBUs, 650ml., (Surrey, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft brew*, seasonal)
-It’s been little over a year since I’ve had a Russell brew. I’m looking forward to this one, it being oaked and spiced, both of which are my favourite styles.
printed on the front-left label:
“A wonderfully balanced Pumpkin Ale, with a hint of oak an spices, make this refreshing beer ideal to share with friends. Single-batch brewed with real pumpkin, whole spices and aged with oak….”
- Style: (pumpkin, spices, oak-aged) Spiced Ale
- Taste: Predominantly malty mild cinnamon nutmeg thin finish
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $6 – 650ml., October 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no move along
Visual: Pours clear copper reddish-brown without much head, micro-fine retention, huge amounts of activity including a large cluster near the handle.
Nose: brown sugar malts, grapefruit hop backend. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: crisp-sweet-creamy mouthfeel, hint of hoppy bitterness
Mid-palate: creaminess continued, (lvl-5)-sweetness, (MAIN) brown sugar malts
Finish: sweet carry, subtle soft grapefruit bitter hops, light toasted caramel malt off-dry clean finish.
Summary: All around smooth with very good transitions. I’m surprised at the excellent drinkability in that there’s a great balance of sweet, creamy, bitter and alcohol.