- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.2 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Patrick o’Pumpkin (bourbon) Barrel aged Imperial Pumpkin Ale – Central City Brewing, 8.0% ABV, 650ml., (Surrey, BC, Canada) (*local craft beer*)
Ingredients: water, munich malt, pale malt, specialty malts, german magnum hops, yeast, pumpkin & spices, barrel aged.
- Style: (bourbon barrel-aged, pumpkin) Spiced Ale
- Taste: Root beer bourbon caramel vanilla malt stealth ABV
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $7 – 650ml., September 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: 50/50, forgettable
Visual: Pours dark cola brown without much head, ringed retention, scatted steady streams throughout.
Nose: bourbon, caramel malt, oak, root beer. (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: initial cola malts, thin-slick, fizzy-tingly
Mid-palate: (lvl-5)-sweetness, (MAIN) roasted pumpkin, root beer, vanilla, nutmeg, caramel malts
Finish: soft bitter mostly pumpkin malty sweet finish.