- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.5 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Savant IPA – Elysian Brewing, 6.3% ABV, 1 pt. 6 fl.oz., (Seattle, Washington, USA)
on the front-right label:
“The star of the show in this beer is the citrus and passion fruit aroma and flavor of New Zealand Nelson Sauvin hops.”
- Style: India Pale Ale
- Taste: Caramel malt red apple fruity dry stealth bitter hop
- Where I got it: Bottle Jockey, N. Bby
- How much: $7.25 – 1 pt. 6 fl.oz., March 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: worth a try
Visual: Pours almost clear toffee brown with a smallish head, a thin murky layer of retention, lots of fast steady streams.
Nose: brown sugar toffee malt, lightly toasted, traces of woody apple juice. (lvl-4)-pungency
Mid-palate: bright, (lvl-4)-sweetnesss, (MAIN) red apple, caramel maltd
Finish: alcohol detection, dry stealth mild bitter lingering hopped finish.
Summary: A rather fruity IPA as opposed to herbacious or piney; didn’t have a whole lot of passion fruit as advertised, but some citrus. Drinkable, but the finish is a bit flat.