- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.5 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
2015 Beer Camp Hoppy Lager – Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. , 7.0% ABV, 55 IBU, 12 fl.oz., (Chico, CA, USA)
printed on front label on the neck:
“This hop-heavy beer combines intense citrus and floral hop flavors with the clean, classic malt body of a hearty blonde lager for a crisp but aggressive take on the India Style Pale Lager.”
on the back label:
“Last summer we teamed up with San Diego’s Ballast Point for a hop-head twist on a crisp lager. We remixed this encore which is loaded with whole cone hops in the brew kettle and in our Hop Torpedo to deliver a bold aroma backed by smooth malt flavor.”
- Style: India Style Pale Lager
- Taste: Toasted toffee-caramel malt citrus hoppy sweet
- Where I got it: BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $15.50 – 6×12 fl.oz., April 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: yes
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: absolutely delicious
Visual: Pours translucent golden orange with a slight red hue, smallish head, a thin fine layer of hazy micro retention, fine sticky lacing, loose slow streams here and there.
Nose: honey-toffee-caramel malts, citrus hops. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: slick-fine fizzy,
Mid-palate: (lvl-4)-sweetness, (MAIN) medium thick toffee barley malts, orange citrus,
Finish: citrus, resiny hopped soft bitter hopped, light toasted malt sweet finish.
Summary: Pretty good barley malty body with controlled yet bold citrus hop flair. I still prefer the super citrus Hop Hunter IPA I had yesterday.