- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.1 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Barrel Aged Cerveza Reposado – Spinnakers Brewpub, 5.0% ABV, 650ml., (Victoria, BC, Canada) (Victoria, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer)
on the front-ride side label:
“Cerveza Reposada. Barrel Aged in freshly emptied Mexican tequila barrels, this is a light effervescent cerveza style ale, lightly hopped with Amarillo, Cascade and Sorachi Ace hops for that Mexican citrusy note, augmented with grated citrus zest and Vancouver Island Sea Salt. Party, Party!!!”
Ingredients: aquifer water, malted barley, malted wheat, hops, citrus zest, sea salt, yeast.
- Style: (Tequila barrel aged) Lager
- Taste: Corona with lime already added plus agave
- Where I got it : Bottle Jockey, N.Bby
- How much: $6.30 (after 10% off) – 650ml., September 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: better than Corona if you like Lagers, otherwise pass
Visual: Pours pale straw golden yellow, lots of sediment in the bottom. Can’t comment about the head since mine was nearly flat likely due to a bad seal, some of the beer leaked out as I tilted the bottle. Good thing I have a CO2 tank at home; 50psi later and ready to go.
Nose: fruity lemon and lime zest, mellow agave in the background. (lvl-6)-pungency
Mid-palate: (MAIN) lemon-lime, big initial agave flavour, -> sour-tangy, dry wheat malt,
Finish: hint spicy pepper, subtle light hopped bitterness, dry half-rough finish.
Summary: Tastes like an upgraded Corona with a tequila twist. Good citrus and agave notes but very light malt body. Drinks somewhat rough as it warms.