- My Rating: [B+], I gave it a (3.8 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Arrogant Bastard Ale – Stone Brewing Co., 7.2% ABV, 1 pt. 6 fl.oz., (San Diego, California, USA)
- Style: American Strong Ale
- Taste: Full bitter pine grassy hopped creamy smooth toffee malt again bitter finish
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $9.50 – 1 pt. 6 fl.oz., April 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes, enjoy the bitter-smoothess
Visual: Pours deep translucent reddish-brown with a gorgeous super frothy lasting head, very sticky thick lacing, 2mm retention, barely any activity – a bubble here and there.
Nose: light toasted caramel malts, a touch of booze, citrusy hop cones. (lvl-3)-pungency
Attack: immediate biting bitter hops, silky-micro bubbly feel
Mid-palate: metallic, (lvl-4)-sweetness, (MAIN) toffee malts, brown sugar, pine hops
Finish: bold hoppy bitter dryness, grass, bitter finish.
Summary: Full-bodied, great texture, bold bitter hops, sweet malty mids = overall great balance and complexity to keeps you sipping and flavour searching. Could be a little less aggressively bitter at the finish.