- My Rating: [C-], I gave it a (2.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Red Racer Maple Bacon Ale – Central City Brewing, 5% ABV, 650ml., (Surrey, BC, Canada) (*local craft beer*)
- Style: (maple bacon) Flavoured Amber Ale
- Taste: Thin sweet toffee malt light smoky
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $5.60 – 650ml., May 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: skip it
Visual: Pours pale copper brown without much head, a thin half layer and ring of micro bubbles, lots of varied tight knit and steady streams.
Nose: medium caramel malts, savoury toastedness, a touch of nutty alcohol. (lvl-3)-pungency
Attack: thin-tingly-crisp, underlying light sourness
Mid-palate: bright (lvl-5)-sweetness, watery mouthfeel, (MAIN) caramel malts
Finish: sweet toffee malt, hint of maple, light smoky exhale, mild palate rough finish.
Summary: Very plain, no prominent maple nor bacon flavours as advertised. The body is too thin and the flavours are forgettable.